1/21/2012

I really want to be an Eco-Hero!!!


For the humanity, the environment always must be the most important thing. I know that the development without scruples (in the century XX until our days) was like a cancer for the earth. However, the people has realized about this serious situation. International organization like Unites Nations is making some decision in topics like Climate Change, Ecosystems Management or Resource Efficiency.  
 
Meanwhile, I’m trying to be an Eco–Hero incorporating recycling in my habits. For example, when I brush my tooth I never leave open the tap water while I´m brushing. In the mornings, I try to take a shower by 3 minutes, or simply I don´t take a shower in weeks (is a joke). Another thing is change the light bulb for the ecological light bulb (are economics and friendly with the environment). In the University we read a lot!!! And also we printed a lot, using thousands of paper, and with this we finish with the beauty of the Amazonas. In that case, I try to print 2 pages in one side of the paper, or 4 pages by sheet! Also, I´m recycling the plastic bags, using a lot of times, or making craftwork (you can make purses, or bags, and a lot of things that looks cool). When I travel in the city, I always prefer the subway and the public transport, and I decide no have car, because this city is fully of these. Finally, when I travel short distances I use my ride or a good sneakers for walking. And I use the same plastic bottle to drink water o juice.   

 
Today I´m not supporting any eco-organisation, because I don´t have money. But when I finish the University, I promise support one, I know the important work that they do and I appreciate it.

 
I think this is an important topic for the humanity, because if we want that our grandsons and granddaughters enjoy the beauty of the planet, we have to make things today.

1 comment:

  1. Constanza,

    Things like be decided to don't buy a car or just saving paper everytime you print, really requires some sacrifice. That's why, after reading your post, it is pretty clear to e that you really are a Eco-Hero!

    ReplyDelete